Sponsor a Nun
Please consider contributing to the daily costs of running the nunnery, or support a nun in three-year-retreat. What funding is needed at the Nunnery?
- 1. Food – Nuns at the monastery are nourished by the generosity of the townspeople. However, the influx of converting nuns to the monastery is creating a shortage of food. Currently over 100 nuns are relying on butter, cheese, and the slim donations they receive through begging.
- 2. Lamps, especially during pujas
- 3. Supplies for the kitchen and library
- 4. Blankets
- 5. Monetary donations to cover the costs of heat, electricity, medicine, teaching material, and transportation
Itemized list of weekly expenses:
- $25 – 5 lbs of butter
- $25 – 3 lbs of Yak Dung used for heating
More sponsorship options:
- $83 – Sponsor one individual for one month of their 3-year-retreat
- $792 – Sponsor 10 Anis and 1 Master for one month of their 3-year-retreat.
- $800 – Sponsor one Nun at the monastery for an entire year.
- $1000 – Sponsor one individual for one year of their 3-year-retreat.
- $3000 – Sponsor one individual for the entirety of their 3-year-retreat.
- $4,752 – Sponsor 10 Ani and 1 Master for 6 months of their 3-year-retreat.
- $9,504 – Sponsor 10 Ani and 1 Master for one year of their 3-year-retreat.